I don’t know about you, but this mama is feeling like being home this much with this Covid craziness is wonderful and awful at the same time! I’m actually loving being home with my kiddos so much. We are baking, doing hikes, reading a ton, sitting outside, praying together each morning and so much more. But then there’s the other side – there is NO break. Ever. It feels a little bit like groundhog day, and while it’s nice to not have to rush, I’m missing seeing my friends and family IN PERSON.
One of my biggest goals these days is to simplify health for us all. That’s always been a mission of mine, but I’ve really wanted to make it even MORE simple for myself and for you!
While baking is fun, it can be a little hard to source and find our everyday ingredients right now, so I figured why not make some recipes with fewer ingredients than normal.
Sure, you could add in some vanilla or collagen to these paleo peanut butter cookies, but we’ve really loved them the way they are! With just the three ingredients!
The great thing about these paleo peanut butter cookies is how super versatile they are. They can be made with almond butter for those with a peanut allergy or with sunbutter for those with a nut allergy.
One of the biggest keys to baking with gluten free flours is to make sure you’re baking with parchment paper. I’ve found it to be a huge help in baking to brown things better and make sure oils don’t get soaked into anything.
A couple of practical notes on this recipe
We did decide to add some Lily’s stevia sweetened chocolate chips to the batch you see. They were delicious with them and without them! You really can’t go wrong at all. And be sure you’re thoroughly mixed your nut butter. If you’re using the bottom of a jar without much oil, your cookies won’t bake as well and will be on the crumbly side. I use organic nut butters with only the nut and sea salt, so try to look for one of those without any added oils which are truly unnecessary.
So here goes!
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- **Optional – ½ cup stevia sweetened chocolate chips
Yup that’s it!!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (be sure to use non-bleached parchment paper like this!)
- Mix the nut butter and egg together until smooth then add in the coconut sugar until totally combined. Add in the chocolate chips if using them.
- Take a tablespoon size ball of dough and roll it into a ball with your hands. Kids love this step! Flatten it a tiny bit after placing it on the sheet.
- This should make about 12-15 cookies. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes!
Let them cool for just a few minutes on the baking sheet and then cool them on a wire rack.