I’m gonna get right to the point on this one. This dressing will seriously make you want to drink it with a straw. It’s THAT good! Only real food ingredients and a dish that will have your guests raving. I actually made this for some friends this past week when they were over for dinner, and there wasn’t much conversation about much of anything except how yummy the salad was!
- ½ cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 2 pounds organic chicken breast (or leftover meat from an organic rotisserie chicken)
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 chopped red or orange bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 4 slices organic bacon
- 2 avocados
Optional: olive oil and salt for chicken
- Place the bacon strips on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake according to instructions – I usually do 375 for about 20 minutes and good and browned!
- If you need to cook the chicken, coat a skillet with olive oil and cook the chicken on medium high heat, flipping the chicken breast after 4 minutes or until the first side has browned and is no longer sticking to the pan. Once flipped, cover the skillet and turn the heat down to low for 15 minutes.
- While the bacon and chicken bake, chop all the vegetables and lettuce and put them in a serving bowl. Save the avocado for the end.
- Once the bacon is ready, let it cool over paper towels and then chop into pieces for the salad topping.
- Slice the avocado into large chunks and place on the top as well.
- Make the dressing by mixing the mayo, mustard, and honey together. You can add a small splash of apple cider vinegar if you like a little tang with your sweet too!
- We usually serve the salad and then let everyone dress their own portions.