Delicious treat to take for a family dinner or a Christmas party or get together
Little something something about how fun it is to connect over the holidays and Christmas but that we don’t need to sacrifice our health to have good treats. The health of our gut is too important to “take a month off”…
- ⅓ Cup Nutiva Shortening + 1 tablespoon
- 3 Cups blanched almond flour
- ⅔ Cup full fat organic coconut milk
- 1 tsp almond extract
- ¾ Cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- Coconut flour or arrowroot powder for pan
- Coconut sugar filling
- 2 tablespoons organic cinnamon
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- Mix coconut sugar and organic cinnamon together and set aside
- Preheat oven to 325 and grease bundt pan with extra TB of shortening and be sure to cover well with arrowroot powder or coconut flour. Make sure all areas and surfaces are covered to ensure the cake will release from the pan properly.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients well in a blender or stand mixer. Using a sifter with the flour helps to create a smooth batter.
- Batter should blend well but not be runny. Add a tiny bit of almond flour or coconut milk if needed to find the right consistency.
- Place a third of the batter in the bottom and then sprinkle the cinnamon mixture covering the entire surface of the batter. Layer this again with the batter and coconut sugar mixture then finish off with the final layer of batter.
- Cook for approximately 40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes in the pan and gently pull the sides away before flipping onto your serving platter or plate.
Given you love delicious meals let’s find out how your gut is doing. Take the gut health quiz here to learn more.