I have such vivid memories as a kid of squeezing that Magic Shell onto ice cream and watching it harden! I thought it was so fun, and I started thinking about a way to create it as the warmer summer weather started approaching.
Turns out its crazy simple!
You can obviously use any kind of ice cream, but our favorites are either homemade with raw cream from Organic Pastures or Clarevale OR a simple dairy-free treat like Nada Moo.
If you decide to go the homemade version, get yourself a great ice cream maker like THIS or freeze it in a Tupperware and then put the chunks in the blender or food processor! You can be creative with frozen bananas, raw cream, vanilla, some coconut sugar and whatever flavors you want!
But now onto the fun part. The magic shell works perfectly, and it’s seriously one of the easiest recipes you’ll ever make in your kitchen.
Healthy Magic Shell – dairy free, refined sugar-free, gluten-free
- ¼ Cup Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon raw maple syrup
- ¼ Cup Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips or Stevia Sweetened Chocolate Bars
**The most reasonable place to grab Lily’s chocolate is at Thrive Market by a LONG shot!
- Melt the coconut oil over low heat.
- Stir in the maple syrup and the chocolate over low heat
- It’s important that you warm it slowly so the chocolate doesn’t seize or become chunky.
- Scoop your ice cream into bowls and slowly drizzle the chocolate “magic shell” over the ice cream.