Bison burgers, Siete chips with gut healing guac (use link), fresh fruit, delish smoothies, and these chicken skewers top my list for summer foods. These are very simple to make and your family will absolutely love them! We love to double, triple and even quadruple the recipe to have easy leftovers for lunch or travel meals. If you don’t have access to an outdoor barbecue, this Lodge cast iron skillet is an incredible substitute. You can make burgers, pancakes, cassava tortillas and just about anything on it! We use it several times a week and even take it on camping trips with us.
- 1 pound organic chicken breast
- ¼ Cup coconut aminos
- ¼ honey
- 3 garlic cloves
- Juice of 2 limes or 5 drops Lime Vitality
- ¼ Cup olive oil or avocado oil
- Bamboo skewers
- Cut your chicken into 1 inch cubes and set aside
- Finely mince your garlic and add the rest of the ingredients in a glass tupperware or plastic bag.
- Put your skewers in water to soak while your chicken marinates
- Put your chicken into the marinade and let it sit in the fridge for at least 4 hours. Try to do overnight for the best flavor!
- When you’re ready to serve, put the chicken onto the skewers and bbq over medium heat. Flip when the first side is browned and let them cook 4-5 additional minutes.
- Serve immediately with coleslaw, grilled veggies or coconut rice.
If you’ve been looking to incorporate essential oils into your diet or health routine more, check out a little more about my story here!