Nothing says fun party food like a nourishing seven layer dip! I remember thinking as a kid how I just wanted to park my little booty next to the bean dip with all the layers when I was at a party or event. It was basically all the good things wrapped into one dish with my favorite food grabbing them all! Finding a healthy version of this has been a little tricky, but I’ve figured it out!
A lot of mamas are looking for corn free substitutes, so be sure you know about Siete Tortilla Chips. We’ve found the Chip Dippers to be best for this as the chips hold together well and have a great flavor with the bean dip. These will most likely need to be purchased at your nearest health food store since they’re difficult to find online. You can use the store locator HERE to find a store near you who has the Kite Hill products. And I’m guessing they’ll most likely have your chips as well!
Why do I love these ingredients?
- They’re DELISH
- They’re packed with nutrients due to the bone broth
- Good fat – Avocados and high quality meat are great sources of good fat
- Black beans are high in protein and healthy for the gut when they’ve been soaked beforehand with ACV. It breaks down the phytic acid so your tummy can digest it well.
- The Kite Hill and the guac both have beneficial gut healing bacteria in them with the sauerkraut and probiotics
- Cilantro is a natural detoxifier and chelator, especially of metals
Ingredients for the Nourishing Seven Layer Dip
- 1 ¼ cup cooked black beans
- ½ Cup diced yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2-3 tablespoons chicken broth or water (a quart more if you’re using it to make beans)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cooked ground beef/turkey/bison
- 1 container Kite Hill Cream Cheese
- 1 cup gut healing guacamole
- ¾ cup salsa
- 1 cup raw cheddar or goat cheddar (optional)
- 1 cup roughly chopped organic cilantro
PREP WORK NIGHT BEFORE
Make the black beans by soaking beans overnight in water and a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. Rinse the beans and make them according to the bag’s instructions in your Instant Pot or stovetop. Cooking them in bone broth is a great way to add nutrition to this dish!
**I always make a double batch so I can freeze some and have them ready for tacos or meals that week!
PREP WORK DAY OF
- Make bean puree
- Saute ground meat and season as needed
- Make gut healing guacamole and set aside
- Grate raw cheddar or goat cheddar if using
Bean Puree Instructions
- Heat up skillet to medium/high heat and add olive oil
- Add onions and saute until as browned as possible without burning
- Add garlic for the last minute and turn off heat
- Add the black beans, onions/garlic, sea salt to a high powered blender or food processor
- Blend or puree and add chicken broth or water as needed until desired consistency
- Put in a bowl and set aside for asembly
ASSEMBLE YOUR DIP!
- Get all your ingredients and ready made food out
- Begin with the bean dip on the bottom and spread evenly over the bottom of the tupperware or pyrex
- Add ground beef as the next layer
- Add the Kite Hill cream cheese (be sure it has softened a bit and add a tiny bit of water to make it spread more easily)
- Layer guacamole generously!
- Salsa of choice is next
- Add cheese if using
- Top with roughly chopped cilantro
Refrigerate until use. Can be made the night before and lasts well for several days after!