Just perfected these Cinnamon Vanilla Collagen Paleo Blondies, and I believe the vanilla collagen is a PERFECT fit! Don’t just take my word for it however, give this recipe a try and I can guarantee you will not be disappointed. These bars are gluten-free, grain-free and dairy-free!
This recipe was posted over on Further Food Nutritionist and here is their Commentary:
These Paleo Blondies make a perfect treat to help get you through the afternoon slump. With 12 grams of heart-healthy fats per serving from the almond flour and cashew butter and 4 grams of high-quality protein per-serving from Further Food Vanilla Collagen with Tremella, these bars will help keep your energy levels up.
Additionally, Tremella mushrooms, also knowns as “beauty mushrooms,” help hydrate and increase elasticity in the skin which results in younger, brighter and healthier-looking skin.
- 1 Cup Cashew Butter
- 1 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Scoops Vanilla Collagen
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Tablespoons Nutiva Shortening (melted)
- 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Line an 8×8 pyrex with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350.
- Combine cinnamon, sea salt, baking soda and almond flour and set aside.
- Cream together the cashew butter, coconut sugar, vanilla, collagen, eggs, and shortening.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour batter into the lined pyrex and bake for 25-30 minutes at 350.
- Remove from the oven when sides are browned.
- Place the bars on a cooling sheet by lifting the corners of the parchment paper and let sit until cooled.
- Outside should have a little crunch while the inside is nice and gooey.
**If you decide to cut into these and eat them warm with ice cream, I won’t judge!
**Great baked in additions would be stevia-sweetened chocolate chips or toasted pecans.