You know I’m always honest with you, right? Well, when my kids wanted to experiment with coconut cookies, I wasn’t excited. I can do a whole lotta coconut oil and coconut milk but shredded coconut is a little hard for me. But as we played with this recipe, I discovered the browning of the coconut at the end made these incredibly delicious.
I love that these cookies are simple and are a great balance of protein with the egg and nuts, good fats with the coconut, and antioxidants with the berries. This truly is a “well balanced” breakfast of champions!
- 2 ripe bananas
- ¼ cup golden flax meal
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup nuts of choice (we used pecans)
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mash the bananas with a fork until your desired consistency. Leave some chunks if you love bananas or mash finely if you don’t! Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Add in a little more flax meal if you are unable to scoop the mixture out without it running off the spoon. Use this handy dandy scooper, packing in as much as you can.
- Place them in the oven and cook for 15 minutes. When the 15 minutes is done, turn the oven to broil and WATCH THEM until the edges are browning and the tops are lightly toasted.
- Remove them from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet.
These keep very well in a tupperware in the fridge or can be frozen to be pulled out for snacks or on the go breakfasts!